MindOut is a free Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans & Queer Mental Health Service which provides an instant message online service which can be accessed from anywhere in the UK or abroad. We are open every day including weekends and evenings.
The service is run by trained online support workers and mental health advocates who are ready to provide emotional support, information or signpost you in the right direction. You can chat to us about whatever is on your mind, and we will always try and help in whatever way we can.
If you are in a crisis or in need of urgent support our online support service can:
- Listen to how you are feeling, without any judgement and without forcing unwanted advice or opinions
- Help you to think about ways to stay safe and develop coping strategies, if this is what you want
- Help you look for support and explore these options, if this is what you want
Our online support service also includes the following:
- Trans and Non Binary sessions
- Advocacy sessions, giving instant access to a member of the MindOut advocacy team
- Young LGBTQ sessions
- LGBTQ Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic sessions