- Would you consider yourself as someone who struggles with overeating and feels helpless or out of control around food?
- Do you find you are eating large quantities of food when you are not hungry, within a short space of time?
- Are you eating in secret because you are ashamed or disgusted with how much you eat?
- Is your self-esteem and confidence at an all-time low, and you just don’t know where to turn?
- Are you concerned about your health?
We are starting a Binge Eating Disorder Pilot Group commencing 9th October 2019
- Time: 6.45pm–8.15pm
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Cost: £5 per week
- Venue: Bristol Mind
The group will be facilitated by two counsellors, and will be a small group of 6 individuals, plus the two facilitators. The course will incorporate CBT and Compassion Focussed Therapy.
During the 10 sessions we will look to:
- Arm you with tools to help you reduce the times that you binge
- Learn how our emotions and thoughts can influence our behaviour
- Recognise the different food groups and the effects these can have on our bodies
- Explore how mindfulness can help us to manage our emotions and behaviours
- Recognise how being kinder to ourselves can help to reduce anxiety and fear
For more information or to refer yourself for the course, please contact Aurelia on 07861 119959 or email email@example.com. We will then arrange to meet with you for an assessment.
Please note that this will be a closed group. You will need to have been assessed and booked onto the course in order to attend.