Volunteers get full training on the telephone helpline and then work on a rota basis answering calls Wednesday to Sunday, 8pm to midnight
What we offer you
- extensive, high quality training
- be part of a lively team
- regular supervision and support
- travel expenses
- the opportunity to develop your skills and build your knowledge
What we expect from you
- agree to work with us for at least a year
- attend all the training sessions
- work a four-hour shift each fortnight
- receive supervision after you have worked on the helpline
- attend volunteer meetings
A volunteer’s experience of MindLine
Read about Tom’s experience of volunteering with MindLine.
Information on training to be a volunteer
Training to become a MindLine volunteer takes place over 6 weeks, during which time there are 6 all-day sessions (9:30am-5pm) and 6 evening sessions (6:30pm-9pm). Prospective volunteers MUST be able to attend all of the training days and evening in order to be accepted onto the training.
Our MindLine Information Pack gives a full outline of what you can expect from the training.
How to volunteer
We will be recruiting again in early 2019. To register you interest in volunteering please email email@example.com with your name and contact details, plus the name of the service you wish to volunteer for (“MindLine”).