Volunteers get full training on the telephone helpline and then work on a rota basis answering calls Wednesday to Sunday, 8pm to midnight
What we offer you
- extensive, high quality training
- be part of a lively team
- regular supervision and support
- travel expenses
- the opportunity to develop your skills and build your knowledge
What we expect from you
- agree to work with us for at least a year
- attend all the training sessions
- work a four-hour shift each fortnight
- receive supervision after you have worked on the helpline
- attend volunteer meetings
A volunteer’s experience of MindLine
Read about Tom’s experience of volunteering with MindLine.
Information on training to be a volunteer
We will be recruiting new volunteers again in the Autumn of 2018.
This training will take place over 6 weeks, during which time there are 5 all-day sessions (9:30am-5pm) and 5 evening sessions (6:30pm-9pm) and 1 part-day session (9:45am-3pm). Prospective volunteers MUST be able to attend all of the training days and evening in order to be accepted onto the training.
Our MindLine Volunteering Information Pack gives a full outline of what you can expect from the training.
How to volunteer
We will be recruiting again the Autumn of 2018. If you wish to register your interest in training to be a MindLine volunteer please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact details.
We will store you details in our database and contact you as soon as we have scheduled the dates of our next training, if we do not receive a response from you subsequent to this we will delete your details.