Volunteers get full training on the telephone helpline and then work on a rota basis answering calls Wednesday to Sunday, 8pm to midnight
What we offer you
- extensive, high quality training
- be part of a lively team
- regular supervision and support
- travel expenses
- the opportunity to develop your skills and build your knowledge
What we expect from you
- agree to work with us for at least a year
- attend all the training sessions
- work a four-hour shift each fortnight
- receive supervision after you have worked on the helpline
- attend volunteer meetings
A volunteer’s experience of MindLine
Read about Tom’s experience of volunteering with MindLine.
Information on training to be a volunteer
Training to become a MindLine volunteer takes place over 6 weeks, during which time there are 6 all-day sessions (9:30am-5pm) and 4 evening sessions (6:30pm-9pm). Prospective volunteers MUST be able to attend all of the training days and evening in order to be accepted onto the training.
Our MindLine Information Pack gives a full outline of what you can expect from the training. (Please note that the dates contained within this refer to our most recent training for which we are no longer accepting applicants)
How to volunteer
We will be recruiting again in the Spring of 2020. If you are interested in applying to join our next volunteer training please email email@example.com with your name and email address.