MindLine Trans+ volunteering
MindLine Trans+ is a national service, delivered by Bristol Mind and Mind in Taunton & West Somerset.
We are keen to recruit Transgender, Agender, Gender Fluid & Non-Binary volunteers to support the line.
Volunteers receive comprehensive training for the helpline and information service and then work on a rota basis answering calls on Mondays, 8pm to midnight (volunteers based in Taunton and recruited through Taunton Mind will cover the Friday evening service).
Volunteers also have the opportunity to work on our general MindLine helpline service which operates Wed-Sun 8pm to midnight.
What we offer you:
- extensive and high quality training
- be part of a friendly team
- regular supervision and support
- travel expenses
- the opportunity to develop your skills and build your knowledge
What we expect from you:
- agree to work with us for at least a year
- attend all the training sessions
- work a four-hour shift each fortnight
- receive supervision after you have worked on the helpline
- attend volunteer meetings
Information on training to be a volunteer
We are not currently recruiting for MindLine Trans+ volunteers.
Training to become a MindLine Trans+ volunteer takes place over 6 weeks, during which time there are 6 all-day sessions (9:30am-5pm) and 4 evening sessions (6:30pm-9pm). Prospective volunteers MUST be able to attend all of the training days and evening in order to be accepted onto the training.