MindLine Trans+ volunteering
MindLine Trans+ is a national service, delivered by Bristol Mind and Mind in Taunton & West Somerset.
We are keen to recruit Transgender, Agender, Gender Fluid & Non-Binary volunteers to support the line.
Volunteers receive comprehensive training for the helpline and information service and then work on a rota basis answering calls on Mondays, 8pm to midnight (volunteers based in Taunton and recruited through Taunton Mind will cover the Friday evening service).
Volunteers also have the opportunity to work on our general MindLine helpline service which operates Wed-Sun 8pm to midnight.
What we offer you:
- extensive and high quality training
- be part of a friendly team
- regular supervision and support
- travel expenses
- the opportunity to develop your skills and build your knowledge
What we expect from you:
- agree to work with us for at least a year
- attend all the training sessions
- work a four-hour shift each fortnight
- receive supervision after you have worked on the helpline
- attend volunteer meetings
Information on training to be a volunteer
We are now recruiting for MindLine Trans+ volunteers. Training will be taking place on Zoom between November and December 2020.
Our MindLine Training Information Pack Nov 2020 gives a full outline of what you can expect from the training. Please ensure to read the section Changes due to Covid-19, as it outlines a number of changes to the service since lockdown.
If you are able to attend all of the training dates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your space on one of our Information Sessions (dates of the sessions are included in the Information Pack).