MindLine Trans+ volunteering
Trans volunteers wanted
MindLine Trans+ is a national service, delivered by Bristol Mind and Mind in Taunton & West Somerset and funded by national Mind.
We are keen to recruit Transgender, A Gender, Gender Fluid & Non-Binary volunteers to support the line.
Volunteers receive comprehensive training for the helpline and information service and then work on a rota basis answering calls on Mondays, 8pm to midnight (volunteers based in Taunton and recruited through Taunton Mind will cover the Friday evening service).
Volunteers also have the opportunity to work on our existing MindLine helpline service which operations Wed-Sun 8pm to midnight.
What we offer you:
- extensive and high quality training
- be part of a friendly team
- regular supervision and support
- travel expenses
- the opportunity to develop your skills and build your knowledge
What we expect from you:
- agree to work with us for at least a year
- attend all the training sessions
- work a four-hour shift each fortnight
- receive supervision after you have worked on the helpline
- attend volunteer meetings
Information on training to be a volunteer
This training will take place over approximately 6 weeks, during which time there are five Monday all-day sessions (9:30am-5pm) and six Wednesday evening sessions (6:30pm-9pm). Prospective volunteers MUST be able to attend all of the training days and evening in order to be excepted onto the training.
Our Volunteer Information Pack gives a full outline of what you can expect from the training.
The next volunteer training for MindLine Trans+ will take place between 1st November 2017 and 11th December 2017. If you wish to apply to volunteer you MUST attend one of the following Information Sessions:
- Wednesday 20th September 2017 6:30pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 26th September 2017 12:30pm – 2pm
- Monday 2nd October 2017 12:30pm – 2pm
- Tuesday 3rd october 2017 5pm – 6:30pm
How to volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering please call 0117 980 0381 to register you interest or email firstname.lastname@example.org