Volunteers get full training on the telephone helpline and then work on a rota basis answering calls Wednesday to Sunday, 8pm to midnight
What we offer you
- extensive, high quality training
- be part of a lively team
- regular supervision and support
- travel expenses
- the opportunity to develop your skills and build your knowledge
What we expect from you
- agree to work with us for at least a year
- attend all the training sessions
- work a four-hour shift each fortnight
- receive supervision after you have worked on the helpline
- attend volunteer meetings
A volunteer’s experience of MindLine
Read about Tom’s experience of volunteering with MindLine.
Information on training to be a volunteer
This training will take place over approximately 6 weeks, during which time there are five Monday all-day sessions (9:30am-5pm) and six Wednesday evening sessions (6:30pm-9pm). Prospective volunteers MUST be able to attend all of the training days and evening in order to be excepted onto the training.
Our Volunteering Information Pack gives a full outline of what you can expect from the training.
The next volunteer training for MindLine will take place in sometime the late Autumn or Winter.
How to volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering please call 0117 980 0381 to register you interest or email email@example.com